Sixteen Reasons to Choose Action Learning Source
Principal Consultant, Carter McNamara, about
Action Learning Source
Principal Consultant, Chuck Appleby, on the power of Action Learning in organizations.
- We can provide a variety of different Action Learning and group coaching approaches -- we don't push "one model." The approaches should suit the client – not the other way around.
- We can customize Action Learning and group coaching for a wide variety of applications, as listed in “Applications” on our website.
- Our services are often less expensive than other providers because we can provide services virtually and because we train clients how to do much of the work themselves.
- We can integrate a wide range of other development methods with, and into, the Action Learning and group coaching processes – for example, personal and professional coaching, and design thinking.
- We have extensive experience in actually managing Action Learning and group coaching programs – we understand the planning, marketing, staffing, budgeting and evaluation that are needed for successful programs.
- We can integrate the right balance of in-person and virtual services to accomplish powerful modeling and engagement for learning, while accommodating the busy schedules and limited budgets of our clients.
- We understand the contexts in which our clients work. We have worked and led in for-profit, government and nonprofit organizations.
- We work in collaboration with clients to develop their own capacity to implement successful programs well into the future – this could include the capacity to self-facilitate their own Action Learning groups.
- Action Learning and group coaching generates tremendous learning for people and their organizations. We focus on collecting and dispersing that new learning throughout the organization.
- We focus on the sustainability of learning, long past the end of any Action Learning and group coaching program.
- We started facilitating in the early 1980s – we have extensive experience and expertise, and a large cadre of Action Learning and group coaching facilitators, many with skills in organizational change, leadership development, team building and certification in coaching.
- We have extensive experience in successfully planning, guiding and supporting organizational change – and have taught those skills to other consultants, as well.
- We build in evaluation during and after the program to ensure continuous improvement, and conduct evaluations after the program to assess how well the program achieved its desired results.
- We place strong value on the practicalities of Action Learning and group coaching. We know people want guidelines, tips and tools to apply right away, into their busy schedules.
- We can roll out one group or a hundred at a time -- and we have done that around the world.
- We have a vast range of time-tested, practical tools that we can adapt and apply for all aspects of Action Learning and group coaching programs.