Designing and Customizing Action Learning Programs
Principal Consultant, Carter McNamara, about
Action Learning Source
Principal Consultant, Chuck Appleby, on the power of Action Learning in organizations.
The conditions for the success of your Action Learning program are built even before your facilitators and group members meet for the first time. If your program is not developed well, it will be significantly hindered, regardless of how well your facilitators and members conduct the Action Learning process.
There are numerous requirements that must be met when designing a program. For example, the program design must:
- Meet the real needs of the clients and sponsors
- Select the most appropriate Action Learning project configuration to meet those needs
- Integrate the best format, style and ground rules for facilitation and coaching (there should be numerous options to choose from)
- Select the most relevant and appropriate members of the Action Learning groups
- Include the best processes for training the facilitators and members
- Integrate the best methods for cultivating, collecting and dispersing learnings
- Use the best design and process for evaluating the program and its results
We have successfully designed and customized Action Learning programs for a wide variety of applications and outcomes around the world, have integrated a variety of technologies and other approaches, and have taught others how to carefully design and customize their own Action Learning programs.
Perhaps most important, we have always made sure that the programs have met the real needs of the clients and sponsors, have suited the nature and needs of the Action Learning members, and have collected and dispersed learnings throughout their organizations.
Use our extensive expertise to ensure the success of your programs.
" Authenticity Consulting gave us everything we needed to customize a successful Action Learning program, including printed materials, training and targeted mentoring. That program was so successful that I contracted with them again to help customize a program for the Kansas Leadership Center."
— Julia Fabris McBride, ICF Coach Certified, Director of Faculty and Coach Development